Customer Service Job Description
Job Title: Customer Service Representative Date: 9/7/16
Department: Customer Service Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Customer Service Manager Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, M-F
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that customer’s orders are produced and shipped in a timely manner, in addition to resolving customer questions and concerns.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS NEEDED:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills with the ability to interact well with a diverse group of customers.
- Good problem solving capabilities, able to assist customers with problems in a prompt manner.
- Experienced in working independently, yet able to work with a team spirit.
- Able to work in a structured environment, following set rules and guidelines.
- Good interpersonal skills, friendly, pleasant and professional, able to project that on the telephone while talking to customers.
- Experienced in data entry, handling paper work to document orders and keeping appropriate
departments apprised of any problems.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” to get the job done for the company and customers’ best interest.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic academic education (high school level or equivalent) plus specialized training or a two year degree in Communications, Business Management, Administrative Assistant, or related field. Minimum two years general experience in a customer service position.
- Requires use of speech to talk to customers on the telephone, use of arms and hands to use computer and telephones, average vision to see orders, and computer monitor and computer. Lifting is less than 20 lbs. Seldom exposed to dirt, dust, heat, cold, odor, fumes, noise, dryness, wetness, vibration and poor ventilation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles customer service responsibilities to include taking customer’s orders, entering new orders into system, track orders through production process, releasing orders to ship with required documents.
- Keeps customer informed of order status.
- Handling customer complaints and any other customer requests.
- Assures customer receives order along with any pertinent paperwork required.
- Backs up Receptionist/Sales Support Representative as well as other Customer Service Representatives as needed.
- Trade Show and Convention travel, set-up and other arrangements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with team members and management in a timely manner
ACCOUNTABILITY, COMPLEXITY, JUDGEMENT & IMPACT ON OPERATIONS
- Many steps or procedures are required. Average repetition in this job with frequent judgment.
- Routine contact with customers involving the use of communication skills which impact on customer satisfaction. Moderate influence with company operations and contacts. Significant influence with company image and contacts. Contacts inside the company for routine operating communication. Routine contacts outside the company. Infrequent confidential exposure.
- Works independently, with substantial interaction with others.